Last updated January 2015
WHAT WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect information from you in a number of ways. For example, we may collect personal information from you if you choose to create an account with us, sign up to receive communications from us, email us, submit Works, a Work Request or a Work Proposal, or make a purchase. We may ask you to provide information such as your contact information (name, email address, work or home mailing address, telephone number), username, password, age, gender, artistic preferences or general background information such as what mediums you work in, experience and education. If you purchase a Work, submit a Work Request or Work Proposal through the Website, we also will collect your delivery and billing addresses and credit card or other payment method information to either make a payment for a Work or send you a commission payment (type, number, expiration date, card security code, account information). We will also collect or generate information about your transaction history and interaction with the Website.
HOW WE COLLECT OTHER INFORMATION
Indiewalls automatically receives and records non-personal information on our server logs from your browser as well as through other analysis of the Website. We also may collect information using cookies, web beacons or similar technologies, or through third parties using similar technologies. A "cookie" is a piece of data stored on your computer. When you visit the Website, your web browser may store cookies on your computer, which will better enable you to navigate the Website upon return. You may use the Website even if you choose to reject or delete the cookies. Cookies also may be used by some of the other websites for which a link is placed on the Website. Indiewalls may use third party analytic providers like Google Analytics to collect non-personal information relating to your use of the Website.
CHILDREN AND PRIVACY
We do not knowingly collect information from children under age 13. If you are under age 13, you are not permitted to use the Website. If you are 13 - 17 years of age, you may visit, browse and use the information on the Website but you may not register an account or submit any personal information. If you are 13 - 17 years old, by browsing the Website you confirm that you have the permission of a parent or guardian to do so. If you are a parent or guardian and believe that we may have inadvertently collected personal information from your child, please notify us immediately by sending an email to info@Indiewalls.com.
USE OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
We may use any of the information we collect from you to serve you, respond to you, provide customer service and improve the Website and our services, including:
- process and fulfill Work Requests and Work Proposals,
- process payments for a Work or a commission;
- alert you to new features or services;
- process and respond to your questions, specific customer service request or feedback;
- contact you about your account or profile; for example, we send all registered users a welcome email to confirm registration; a Work, Work Proposal or Work Request;
- improve the Website and create marketing plans;
- implement credit fraud protection and risk reduction measures;
- make other marketing offers from our affiliates and marketing partners that we think may be ofinterest of you;
- enforce the terms of service; and
- for any other reason you provided the information to us.
SHARING WITH THIRD PARTIES
Indiewalls may disclose the information it collects about you to:
- to our service providers, external business partners, suppliers, vendors and others who help Indiewalls provide the Website to you;
- Artists who want to submit a Work Proposal;
- Clients who submit a Work Request;
- our affiliates, licensors, and other third parties for their own marketing purposes, such as to provide information to you about their new developments, special events, programs, services, activities, products, attractions, and other information we think may be of interest to you;
- third parties to provide analytics or to confirm or update information provided by you;
- third parties in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or disposition of all or any portion of Indiewalls's business or operations (including without limitation in connection with bankruptcy or any similar proceedings); or
- as otherwise authorized by you.
We also may use, share or sell non-personally identifiable information with third parties. Additionally, we may take personally identifiable information and de-identify it and share it or sell it in a de-identified or aggregated form with advertisers, business partners, and/or third parties in order to analyze usage of the Website services on or related to the Website or others’ sites; improve our services; improve our user experience; or for similar purposes. We will not re-identify such data and we will ask our contracting parties to agree to keep the data in its de-identified form.
OPTING-OUT OF COMMUNICATIONS
You may opt-out of receiving future promotional or marketing communications by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any emails you receive from us and follow the instructions provided. Please note that such requests may take up to ten (10) days to become effective. You may not opt out of receiving communications regarding your dealings with Indiewalls, the Website or technical information about the same.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
You are responsible for keeping your information current. You may update your information by contacting us at info@Indiewalls.com and we will use reasonable efforts to process any change you make; provided, however, that requests to delete information are subject to Indiewalls's internal reporting, processing and retention policies and all applicable legal obligations.
NOTICE OF CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident and have provided personal information to Indiewalls, you are entitled by law to request certain information regarding any disclosure that may have been made by Indiewalls to third parties of personal information for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, contact us at:
335 Madison Ave 16th FL
New York, NY 10017
The request may be sent to the above address or to info@Indiewalls.com and should specify that you seek your "California Customer Choice Privacy Notice." Please allow thirty (30) days for a response. Indiewalls is required to respond to only one request per customer each year, and is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the above email address.
We will not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes if you request that we do not do so. You may make such a request by sending us an email at info@Indiewalls.com.
When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what personal information you do not want us to share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Please note that there is no charge for controlling the sharing of your personal information or for processing this request.
Indiewalls uses reasonable administrative, physical and electronic security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information. No transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under the control of Indiewalls to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect personal information, neither Indiewalls nor our service providers can ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the internet. Any such transmission is at your own risk.
LET US KNOW HOW WE ARE DOING
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us at info@Indiewalls.com.